How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Tri-Town, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Serene Setting: Our home is situated at the end of a quiet dead-end street on a beautiful lake. The surroundings are large, peaceful and very beautiful and residents spend hours enjoying the serenity it can provide.
- Intergenerational Program: In our Intergenerational Program (Grandfriends), residents really look forward to the once monthly visit from the local pre-school students who come in to spend afternoon doing crafts, learning about exotic animals or playing board games with them.
- Music and Memory: Through our Music and Memory program, all residents can have their own personal playlist loaded on an iPod and listen with earphones to their favourite music.
- Pet Therapy: Through our Pet Therapy program 2 therapy dogs are brought into the home for one-on-one visits with all residents who wish to have a visit from their furry friend. In addition to our therapy dogs, family and staff are encouraged to bring their pets in.
- Gourmet Club: Our Gourmet Club regularly uses our country kitchen activity room to prepare their own gourmet meals for themselves, family and friends.
- Spa Day: Spa Day is a women only day for the ladies to get together and pamper themselves.
- Live Band Day: Every Tuesday is Live Band Day featuring a variety of local musicians.
- Aquatic Program: In our Aquatic Program, residents go to the community pool once a month for free swimming.
- Laughter Yoga: Every 2 weeks a local instructor comes into the home to conduct a Laughter Yoga class for residents.
- Garden Club: Our Garden Club members have a garden tower where they grow a variety of vegetables including cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs, strawberries and more.
- Bingo: Bingo is an absolute passion for many of our members.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist